Stumbled upon a work of mine or my profile somehow and wanna know me a lil more? Read on!
Let’s start with one of the most elusive things about me: my name. It’s pronounced “Vrih-shah” just like you would say Trisha, but change that T to a V and there ya have it. Vrisha. If you’ve said to yourself anything like “Vree-sha” or perhaps jumbled the letters in your head, don’t worry, it happens a lot.
Anyway, I’m so glad you’ve stumbled upon my page or a piece of mine and I hope you find something of interest here! If you’re wondering why there’s no *clear* image of who I am and just generally nothing too personal, I have always just preferred an air of anonymity and safety online (far too many creeps for my comfort) but I assure you I’m who I say I am!
Some traits about me:
- I’m a Pisces (I love talking about astrology too)
- I’m South Asian, with family from the Caribbean
- I’m a college student & psychology major
- I’m an INFJ
- My pronouns are she/her/hers
My biggest passions, hobbies, & interests, and favorites in no particular order:
- helping others
- mental health
- social justice
- photography and photo editing
- Wax sealing
- working out/eating healthy/wellness
- The Fall/Winter season
- talking about pop culture
- going to concerts
- YouTube personalities
- Marvel & the MCU
- The Food Network
- Favorite artist: Taylor Swift
- Other faves include: 5 Seconds of Summer, Dua Lipa, Ruel, Troye Sivan, Conan Gray, Harry Styles, Big Time Rush, keshi, Wallows, The 1975, Billie Eilish, Waterparks, SZA, LANY, and Olivia Rodrigo. (Clearly I’m a bitttttt of a music enthusiast especially with pop, rock, indie, alternative, and any combinations of those)
- 80s music has a special place in my heart!
- I love music from the 50s, 60s, and 70s as well and want to continue to expand my knowledge in this area
I intend to write about many things, such as personal events/essays, opinions, things I’ve learned, passions and interests of mine, reviews of things I like, music, and really anything I have enough thoughts on that I feel strongly enough about to write here!
I started on here because of a class assignment where I chose to publish a story as an alternative to a test — see my “South Asian Marriage” story —but have always loved writing since I was a child and so I’m using this opportunity to put my thoughts and work out there! I write very formally when I must, but as you can tell by now, I like my other writings to feel colloquial, so don’t mind the thinking-out-loud informalities and writing style I use.
So that’s a little bit more about me! Lemme know if you share any common interests with me, I’d love to talk to you about any of these things!